I listened to an audio version of this book on a long road trip in Baja Cali a couple weeks before an indefinite trip around the world. It was a recommendation of Tim Ferriss, so naturally I just went for it.
I don’t recommend the book for everyone, but if you thinking about a traveling for 3+ months without a set plan, then I’d definitely recommend it!
The book discusses:
- A deliberate way of living that makes freedom of traveling possible.
- A value adjustment from which action naturally follows.
- Time poor- people who are obsessed tending their wealth and social standing that they forget what they’re doing it for.
- Given an unlimited amount of choices, we take none, and just do the default.
- Time is our only possession.
How and when to start vagabonding? Now, by planning, saving, etc. whatever you need to do. Cultivate fascination with people and places and follow your heart.
The act of quitting is not giving up, but moving on. Take a turn to move in the direction of your dreams.
The traffic lights of life will never all be green at the same time. Fortune favors the bold. -Tim Ferriss