Summary: This is what most people would call a “hippie book,” so if liking it makes me a hippie, so be it. Lol. This book is about manifestation and connecting to meaning or “source” to find fulfillment in life. The story in the beginning and throughout the book of Abraham, Jerry and Esther Hicks will likely turn a lot of people off, but I urge you to stick with it. Abraham is a Collective Consciousness that speaks through Esther to Jerry or other. If you’re religious, turn their story into a relevant religious metaphor, if you’re spiritually agnostic look at it however you’d like. Just don’t write off all the good thoughts you can take away from the book in its entirety because you don’t believe that one part of it happened.
My advice: If you’re religious, turn the supernatural part of the story into a relevant religious metaphor, if you’re spiritually agnostic look at it however you’d like, and if you’re atheist, don’t waste your time reading it. lol . No matter what you believe, I urge you not to write off all the good thoughts you can take away from the book in its entirety because you don’t believe that one part of it ever happened.
If you like this book, read The Alchemist, I find it very similar in its relevant and transcendent advice.
Quotes, or in this book…it’s more like advice:
- And so, the standard of success in life is not the things or the money— the standard of success is absolutely the amount of joy you feel.
- You are growth-seeking Beings, and as you are moving forward, you are at your happiest. When you are having a feeling of stagnation, you are not at your happiest.
- They worry that if they take too much of the pie, others will be left with nothing, while, in reality, the pie expands in proportion to the vibrational requests of all of you.
- If You Are Not Expecting It, You Are Not Allowing It
- “When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.”
- “How can we more effectively achieve our goals?” The answer came back: “Meditation and affirmations.”
- Our only desire for you is that you discover the way to achieve your desires. -Abraham
- Do you know what you want? Do you know that you are the creator of your own experience? Are you enjoying the evolution of your desire? Do you feel the freshness of a new desire pulsing within you?
- We are here to help you remember the powerful nature that is you, and to assist you in returning to that confident, joyful, always-looking-for-something-else-wonderful-to-turn-your-attention-to person that is you.
- You have never enjoyed someone else telling you what to do. You have never enjoyed being dissuaded from your own powerful impulses.
- your most sophisticated of vibrational interpreters by far are your emotions.
- The Law of Attraction says: That which is like unto itself is drawn.
- Your desire for an improved financial condition cannot come to you if you often feel jealous of your neighbor’s good fortune, for the vibration of your desire and the vibration of your jealous feelings are different vibrations.
- Without the asking that precedes it, there could be no answering.
- The only way to consciously deactivate a thought is to activate another. In other words, the only way to deliberately withdraw your attention from one thought is to give your attention to another.
- Your Powerful Beliefs Were Once Gentle Thoughts
- when you really, really want something and are feeling anger or fear or disappointment, that means you are focused upon the opposite of your desire, and in doing so, you are introducing another non-matching vibration to the mix—and the degree of negative emotion that you are now experiencing indicates the degree of your resistance to your receiving of your desire.
- You may believe that you cannot control your emotions, or you may believe that you should control your emotions, but we would like you to approach your emotions in a different way: It is our encouragement that you pay attention to how you feel and allow your emotions to be the valuable indicators they are.
- How can I bring myself into vibrational alignment with the desires that my experience has produced? And the answer is simple: Pay attention to the way you feel, and deliberately choose thoughts—about everything—that feel good to you when you think them.
- By always reaching for the feeling of joy, or Well-Being, you would always be moving toward that which you desire.
- We want you to understand that the trip between wherever you are, on any subject, and where you desire to be, is as easily attainable
- you did not come forth to try to get others to stop doing what they are doing and do something else. You came forth understanding the value in the contrast, and the balance in the variety.
- Your Greatest Gift to Give Is Your Happiness
- Often you are pulled this way and that in an attempt to please another, only to discover that no matter how hard you try, you cannot consistently move in any pleasing direction, and so, you not only do not please them, but you also do not please yourself. And because you are being pulled in so many different directions, your path to where you want to be usually gets lost in the process.
- for when you are in a state of joy, happiness, or appreciation, you are fully connected to the Stream of pure, positive Source Energy that is truly who you are.
- Go forth and attract life experience to help you decide what you want. And once you have decided, give thought only to that. Most of your time will be spent collecting data that will help you decide what it is you want, but your real work is to decide what you want and then focus upon it, for it is through focusing upon what you want that you will attract it. That is the process of creating.
- This is relevant to my trip around the world. Before I focus, I need to find what I really want to focus on.
- If there’s an opportunity to praise, I’m going to praise. If there’s an opportunity to criticize, I’m going to keep my mouth shut and try to meditate. If I feel like criticizing, I’ll say, ‘Here kitty, kitty,’ and I’ll pet my cat till that feeling goes away.”
- Like mommma says, “If you don’t have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.”
- We encourage you, very strongly, not to beat up on yourself when you recognize that you are feeling negative emotion. But as soon as you can, stop and say, I’m feeling some negative emotion, which means that I’m in the process of attracting what I don’t want. What is it that I do want?
- Great mindfulness meditation exercise
- Creation Process—there is no action in all of the Universe that is more delicious than inspired action.
- Great mantra
- It is natural for my body to be well. • Even if I don’t know what to do in order to get better, my body does. • I have trillions of cells with individual Consciousness, and they know how to achieve their individual balance. • When this condition began, I didn’t know what I know now. • If I had known then what I know now, this condition couldn’t have gotten started. • I don’t need to understand the cause of this illness. • I don’t need to explain how it is that I’m experiencing this illness. • I have only to gently, eventually, release this illness. • It doesn’t matter that it got started, because it’s reversing its course right now. • It’s natural that it would take some time for my body to begin to align to my improved thoughts of Well-Being. • There’s no hurry about any of this. • My body knows what to do. • Well-Being is natural to me. • My Inner Being is intricately aware of my physical body. • My cells are asking for what they need in order to thrive, and Source Energy is answering those requests. • I’m in very good hands. • I will relax now, to allow communication between my body and my Source. • My only work is to relax and breathe. • I can do that. • I can do that easily.
- How to fix a problem, addiction, or illness
- In other words, this game is strictly about discovering thoughts that give you feelings of relief. A scale of your emotions would look something like this:
- 1. Joy/Knowledge/Empowerment/Freedom/Love/Appreciation 2. Passion 3. Enthusiasm/Eagerness/Happiness 4. Positive Expectation/Belief 5. Optimism 6. Hopefulness 7. Contentment 8. Boredom 9. Pessimism 10. Frustration/Irritation/Impatience
- 11. Overwhelment 12. Disappointment 13. Doubt 14. Worry 15. Blame 16. Discouragement 17. Anger 18. Revenge 19. Hatred/Rage
- 20. Jealousy 21. Insecurity/Guilt/Unworthiness 22. Fear/Grief/Depression/Despair/Powerlessness